Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a selection of early works by Yevgeny Alexandrovich Yevtushenko who blazed a trail for a generation of Soviet poets with a confident poetic voice that moves effortlessly between social and personal themes. 'Zima Junction' vividly describes his idyllic childhood in Siberia and his impressions of home after a long absence in Moscow. Private moments are captured in 'Waking', on the joys of discovering the unexpected in a lover, and 'Birthday', on a mother's concern for her son, while 'Encounter' depicts an unexpected meeting with Hemingway in Copenhagen. 'The Companion' and 'Party Card' show war from a child's eye, whether playing while oblivious to German bombs falling nearby or discovering a fatally wounded soldier in the forest, while Yevtushenko's famous poem, 'Babiy Yar', is an angry expose of the Nazi massacre of the Jews of Kiev.
- Author BiographyYevgeny Yevtushenko (1933-) is a Russian poet, essayist, dramatist, screenwriter and actor. Translated with an introduction by Robin Milner-Gulland and Peter Levi, S.J.
- Author(s)Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Yevtushenko
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight78 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byRobin Milner-Gulland,Peter Levi
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.