All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis study, based on extensive and pioneering fieldwork done by the author between 1999 and 2002, provides a first account of Yinchia, a hitherto undescribed language in the southern Shan State of Myanmar (Burma). Using data collected from native Yinchia speakers in the Nam-San community, the author presents a comprehensive analysis of Yinchia phonetics and phology (including tology) in a framework that is essentially structuralist. Chapters on morphology and syntax remain more sketchy and tentative but discuss important issues such as the tense and aspect system of Yinchia as well as questions of word structure and the identification of phological words, using mainly Integrational Linguistics as a theoretical background. Moreover, the author develops an orthography for Yinchia which so far has writing system.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Hla Myat Thway, born in Ngathainggyaung, Myanmar (Burma), 1968. Studied Burmese language and literature at Yangon University; 1992 B.A. (Burmese Language and Literature), 1999 M.A. (Burmese Linguistics); 1996-2001 tutor at the Department of Myanmar, University of Culture, Yangon (teaching Burmese language and literature); 2001 tutor at the Department of Myanmar, University of Yangon. Between 1999 and 2002 extensive field work on the Yinchia language in Nam-San, southern Shan State, Myanmar; 2002-2008 work on a doctoral thesis in Linguistics at the Freie Universitat Berlin (Germany) with scholarships from the DAAD and the KAAD; 2008 Dr. phil. in Linguistics at the Freie Universitat Berlin (Yinchia Studies - Integrational and Structuralist).
- Author(s)Thway Hla Myat
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number356
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.