Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionTwo stories about life in Mount Perry, Florida, home to Florida's only sw capped mountain. Strictly humor and fun reading for the whole family.
- Author BiographyMY BIOGRAPHY . Robert P. Herbst I was born on March 16, 1935 in Doctors Memorial Hospital in Manhattan, New York, to Mr. Fred P. Herbst and the former Ann C. Catching. At the time my family lived in Mount Vernon, New York. After completing the necessary and customary training in the public school system in Mt. Vernon, New York and several boarding schools where I could never have been considered a good student, I went into the United States Air Force where I served my obligatory hitch as a photographer and was honorably discharged. After this I went to engineering school for both Aeronautical and Heating/Air Conditioning Engineering. From there I went to work for several Air Conditioning firms and in 1961 found myself in the family seed business. I was forced out of the family business, along with my father, by my two younger brothers in 1974. Being too old to cross train into something else I retired and bought real estate. In 1979 I had to divorce my wife when I found she abused the children after I went to work. I spent the next five years in the Connecticut court system fighting for the rights of my children to live with the parent of their choice. In 1984 I took the kids and moved to Perry, Florida, where the local court system gave me joint parental responsibility and the kids the right to choose which parent they wanted to live with. The kids stayed with me and I turned to writing light humor, short story, fiction. At this moment I have 7 books published, 6 POD and one in print. I have a multitude of stories on various web sites and in some magazines. Most of the stories I write center around the fictitious town of Mount Perry, Florida. In my stories, Mount Perry is the only town in the State of Florida to have its own snow capped mountain.
- Author(s)MR Robert P Herbst
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.