All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionYoga therapy is gaining rapid recognition as a form of treatment that can improve the physical and mental wellbeing of children with a variety of complex needs. This book contains a specially-designed yoga program for use with children of all abilities, and provides both parents and professionals with the kwledge they need to carry out the therapy themselves. The program consists of a series of postures, each of which is explained and accompanied by an illustration. The postures are designed to help children understand and use their bodies, and work towards positive changes such as realigning the spine, encouraging eye-contact, and promoting calm and steady breathing. Consideration is given to creating the right setting for carrying out the therapy, assessing an individual child's particular needs, and making the sessions fun using games and props. Sections on yoga therapy for specific conditions such as autistic spectrum disorder, Down syndrome, and cerebral palsy are included, and the book concludes with child and parent reports on how the program has worked for them, and a list of useful contacts and resources. This practical book is a must for parents, teachers, therapists and other professionals, and anybody else who wants to help a child to develop through enjoyable and therapeutic yoga sessions.
- Author BiographyNancy Williams has been a yoga therapist for nine years. During this time, she has worked with children with a wide range of special needs, including autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, sensory integration disorder and Down syndrome. Nancy also works as a pediatric Speech Pathologist, and is a certified Neuro Developmental Treatment Therapist, Zero Balancing practitioner, Hatha Yoga instructor and Reiki Master Teacher. She is an ordained minister in MSIA (the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness) and has a Master's degree in Spiritual Science from the Peace Theological Seminary College of Philosophy. Nancy owns Therapeutic Bodyworks, a studio in Tucson, Arizona where she teaches yoga therapy classes to individual and small groups of children. Nancy also offers consultations and conducts training workshops.
- Author(s)Nancy Williams
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note63 illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.