All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide by an experienced teacher, this book shows how the highest form of yoga, the R jayoga espoused by the great sage Patanjali, serves as a path to the kind of mental steadiness that ultimately yields self-realization. It explains the foundation of yoga practices their philosophical, psychological, cosmological, ethical, and religious doctrines and compares the essential features of R jayoga with other yoga systems.The first of its two parts deals with yoga metaphysics, delineating the characteristics and functions of Prakrti and Purusa, the reality of the external world, and the process of evolution. The second part expounds yoga ethics and practice, with emphasis on yoga method, stages of sam dhi, and related topics.Both beginners and experienced yoga practitioners will find this classic volume a useful and inspiring reference.
- Author(s)Surendranath Dasgupta
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight231 g
- Width137 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.