All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe drama of the landscapes of Yorkshire and Humberside combined with some of the most powerful diesel and electric locomotives to be found anywhere in Britain. The photographs in this book cover every aspect of diesel and electric traction in the Yorkshire and Humberside area, hauling both passenger and goods trains. The types, classes of locomotive and the operating companies represented are as varied as the landscape, which ranges from the Pennine hills to the windswept coastline and industrial railway yards. The wide selection of locations includes the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorks Moors and East Riding, as well as the cities and towns of York, Bradford, Sheffield, Kingston-upon-Hull, Harrogate, Knaresborough, Scunthorpe, Immingham and Great Grimsby. Stunning photography and extraordinarily varied landscapes are combined and captured in superb detail.
- Author BiographyGordon Edgar has been photographing railways since 1968 and has specialised in the end of main line and industrial steam in the UK. Having served for two decades in the Army Intelligence Corps, since retirement he has devoted his time to his archive of railway photographs. Gordon has contributed to two books on steam railways in China and his photographs have also appeared in several periodicals. An accomplished photographer, Gordon Edgar has written several railway books for Amberley Publishing.
- Author(s)Gordon Edgar
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.