All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionYorkshire Murders & Misdemeaurs invites the reader to take a look at the dark side of life. This gruesome collection of historical murders and misdemeaurs vividly brings to life a selection of true crimes; crimes which took place on the streets, on public transport, in homes, pubs, prisons, workhouses and brothels. The reader will be introduced to characters such as Joseph Wooler whose wife died in 1855 in mysterious circumstances; the question is, was Joseph responsible for poisoning his wife, Jane, with arsenic or was her body simply unable to cope with the medication she was taking for her weak constitution? We are also introduced to the case of James Smith, the keeper of the toll house at Hebden Bridge in 1850, who was found with his throat cut. Was the man arrested for this crime the right man? This collection of real life crimes vividly recreates the events surrounding them. A must have book for any armchair detective!
- Author BiographyStephen Wade is a crime historian with a special interest in regional murder cases. He is the author of Lincolnshire Murders and Square Mile Bobbies.
- Author(s)Stephen Wade
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Series TitleMurders & Misdemeanours
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note7
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.