Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionConvicted killers seldom kill again - or do they? Recent research has shown that since 1965 about 120 persons convicted of murder or manslaughter in England and Wales have killed again. In a longer term context, True Crime writer Charles Rickell has uncovered 24 cases with Yorkshire associations, from the Great War to 2005/06.Two sensational examples relate to convicted individuals who even killed for a third time: William Burkitt in Hull (1915, 1924 and 1939) and Anthony O'Rourke in Pickering (1949 & 1951) and Slough (1962). Convicted killers also killed again whilst in prison: Peter Dunford (Wakefield, 1964); Douglas Wakefield (Parkhurst, 1981); John Paton (Wakefield, 1976 and Parkhurst, 1981) and Robert Mawdsley (Broadmoor, 1977 and Wakefield, 1978). The sensational Magee case is also included. This convicted IRA killer (w released again) fatally shot a special constable at Tadcaster in 1992.
- Author(s)Charles Rickell
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2007
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWharncliffe Books
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.