All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere's a revised and updated edition of the most readable book on depression. Folks who are feeling really depressed often don't feel much like reading, but You Can Beat Depressionis a very reader-friendly self-help guide. This important resource has been recognized by the National Institute of Mental Health D/ART program and the National Mental Health Association. Readers will find all-new information on bipolar disorder diagsis and treatment, along with helpful material on prevention of depression, prevention of relapse after treatment, brief therapy interventions, exercise and other n-medical approaches, the Prozac controversy, and much more. Includes an up-to-date consumer guide to medications. Its comprehensive approach to self-assessment carefully guides readers to figure out when and how they can help themselves, when they need to seek professional treatment, and what to expect along the way.
- Author BiographyJohn Preston, PsyD, is a board certified psychologist and the author of ten books including Survivors, You Can Beat Depression, Integrative Brief Therapy, and Life is Hard (audio). He is on the faculty of Alliant University and the University of California, Davis, Medical School. He is the recipient of the Mental Health Association's President's Award for contributions to the mental health community. Dr. Preston has lectured widely in North America and abroad.
- Author(s)John Preston
- PublisherImpact Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSan Luis Obispo, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImpact Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date25/01/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.