You Can Beat the Odds: The Surprising Factors Behind Chronic Illness and Cancer by Brenda Stockdale (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.92+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are fighting for your health or trying to stay healthy, this book teaches you scientifically-based techniques that have helped survivors of cancer and chronic illness for more than a decade. Surprising risk factors -- greater than smoking, diet, or cholesterol -- can make the difference between robust health and life-threatening disease. Even your genetic inheritance isn't as fixed as you might imagine! If you already enjoy great health, this lifelong, personalised programme can help you keep it. If you're facing illness, vital discoveries from leading experts are synthesised into a remarkable 6-week program, so you can harness available techlogies quickly and easily. As a testament to the effectiveness of these techniques, some insurers offer discounts to those trained in their use.
- Author BiographyBRENDA STOCKDALE is the director of mind/body medicine for RC Cancer Centers. She has conducted the most comprehensive health psychology program in Georgia for more than thirteen years. She has also been the National Program Director for the cancer support organization founded by best-selling author and surgeon, Bernie Siegel, MD. Brenda has been featured on Oprah, NPR and other TV talk shows, as well as in a variety of print media. Brenda developed a groundbreaking health psychology program for primary care settings specializing in preventive medicine, autoimmunity, and stress-related conditions. A leader in her field, she has taught, presented workshops, and lectured nationally over the last fifteen years for a variety of corporate and special interest groups. She is a clinician in the field of behavioral medicine, but it is her own experience with life-altering and catastrophic illness that anchors the subject in an intimate way. She is actively engaged in educating health professionals in the practical application of mind/body medicine, and her workshops and programs have been implemented in hospital settings, oncology practices, and cancer centers around the country. In her private practice she specializes in preventive medicine and stress related disorders including autoimmunity, chronic fatigue syndrome, high blood pressure, diabetes and lifestyle management. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia
- Author(s)Brenda Stockdale
- PublisherSentient Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBoulder, Colorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSentient Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width230 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.