All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) requires kwledge of content (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation) and methods (lesson planning, classroom management). Many TESOL teacher training programs assume that trainees have sufficient content kwledge, and therefore focus on methodology. Unfortunately, the assumption of content kwledge is often a bad one. Many TESOL graduates enter the work force without a sufficient grounding in English fundamentals. You Can Teach Grammar is a self-contained TESOL grammar course book. It covers all the parts of speech and major sentence structures and provides self-practice quizzes to check comprehension. In addition, the book directly addresses common classroom problems associated with each grammar topic. In the classroom, kwledge of the grammar alone is insufficient. Imparting English grammar skills in memorable and meaningful ways can be tricky, particularly for new teachers. For this reason, You Can Teach Grammar includes a variety of teaching ideas for each grammar topic. You Can Teach Grammar is designed as both a course book and a general reference. Its logical layout and detailed indexing make it a useful resource for teachers in the field as well as for teachers-in-training.
- Author BiographyClaudia Bertotto is the Founder and Principal of Coventry House International-Ontesol. She is an ESL instructor and Trinity CertTESOL teacher trainer. She has over 30 years of teaching experience in England, Canada and Argentina. Jimena del Azar-Pintaric is an ESL teacher in the Toronto public school system and Trinity CertTESOL teacher trainer at Coventry House International-Ontesol. Margaret Hurley is an ESL instructor and Trinity CertTESOL teacher trainer at Coventry House International-Ontesol.
- Author(s)Claudia Bertotto,Jimena Del Azar-Pintaric,Margaret Hurley
- PublisherYou Can Teach Books, Inc.
- Date of Publication08/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYou Can Teach Books, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.