All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do a high tech, workaholic man addicted to porgraphy and alcohol, a talented woman who loses her voice and struggles with intimacy in marriage, a man who is unable to be sexually faithful to his wife, and, a ten year old depressed boy have in common? Each of them is in desperate need of healing from wounds of the past. But, just what is the nature of the wound? Author Saundra Taulbee explains through actual case examples and vignettes from her own life that we are all in need of healing from wounds that begin in childhood, but, if undealt with, manifest in dysfunctions in family relationships, in marriage, in friendship, in work/career, in the way we see ourselves, and, in the way we relate to God. A quick self-assessment quiz: How many of us kw how to find real peace within? Are you at peace with family, and actually love them and like to be around them - especially during the holidays? How many of us experience real relationship with friends where you can be yourself and be accepted? How many of us harbor bitterness and hold grudges against a loved one for past hurts? Are you married but still alone, unable to break through walls of silence or anger? Do you kw what are your life-passions; yet, you allow them to go unfulfilled? Why is that? How many of us are really using our God-given gifts and talents to reach out to other people in need, to help them be different? An honest response of that's me , to any of the above questions suggests you have a wound in need of healing that goes deep within your soul, blocking you from the life that awaits you. So, why read, You Can't Heal a Wound by Saying It's Not There? Because it walks us through common issues of life that show us repeating negative patterns revealing how we fail to live authentically, how we live double-lives, how we focus on self-satisfaction instead of serving others, how we rely on achievement and success to feel value, how we get caught up with excesses that take our minds off things that matter, how we struggle with addictions of all kinds that we keep secret. Told through the stories of nine real people, You Can't Heal a Wound...helps you think through vicissitudes of your life, determine what really matters in the long run, and, begin to figure out how to use your life - wounds and all - to help turn others' lives around. This book is for you, whether man or woman, married or single, gay or straight, skeptic or far away from God, or a follower of Jesus. Come, wherever you are on your journey, walk along with me through the pages of this book, and, dare to be different by the end of your reading! You Can't Heal a Wound...is about overcoming the wounds of your past. It is a book about hope and healing and living the life you always wanted, but did t kw how to find. Chapters outline common issues we struggle with, and practical solutions for recovery. The book concludes with addendum endtes for further study and a study guide for individual or small group study.
- Author(s)Dr. Saundra J. Taulbee
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.