All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCountless valuable resources-time, energy, money, affection - are squandered every day because of fraud and deception. Janine Driver has spent almost two decades teaching hundreds of thousands of people how to protect themselves from liars. While an investigator for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, Janine showed an unusually accurate gift for detecting deception and was quickly tapped to be a trainer for other investigators and agents, teaching hundreds of subtle techniques that even some of the most senior agents didn't kw. Driver reveals all her tricks, distilling years of behind-the-scenes kwledge, cutting-edge science, and dramatic case studies into a simple, shockingly effective program that teaches you how to get the real story in any situation. You Can't Lie to Me will change the way you look at job applicants, co-workers, dates, salesmen, money managers, siblings, friends, friends, lovers-anyone from whom you deserve the truth.
- Author BiographyWorld-renowned body language expert, Janine Driver, is the New York Times bestselling author of You Say More Than You Think (Crown 2009), which has been translated into 11 languages. She spent 16 years at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, training thousands of law enforcement agents how to decipher fact from fiction. Since then, she's taught those techniques to hundreds of thousands of students, everyone from housewives to police chiefs to corporate executives. Driver is the founder and president of The Body Language Institute (BLI) and an in-demand motivational speaker for many of the world's most elite companies. She has appeared on a wide variety of network television programs, including The Today Show, The Dr. Oz Show, and Rachel Ray, as well as national, local and satellite radio stations, reaching millions of viewers around the world. Janine holds a bachelor's degree in English/Communications from the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, and has been trained by the world's foremost authorities on manipulation and interpersonal communication, including Dr. Paul Ekman, the first scientist to document the existence of universal human emotions and advisor to the television show Lie to Me, as well as J.J. Newberry, the nation's top Human Lie Detector. She lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with her husband, son, and Hamilton, the family dog.
- Author(s)Janine Driver
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations throughout
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.