All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of You Decide! Controversial Cases in American Politics provides a unique and invative way to learn more about American government by examining contending points of view on controversial issues. Drawing on many years of combined teaching experience, Edward Drachman and Robert Langran present fourteen original cases and encourage students to make choices from policy options that might help resolve the case controversies. To facilitate the reading of the cases, the authors developed a format that provides the necessary background information on each issue, a list of options to address the controversy under consideration, and the probable future direction of each case controversy. Each case also includes discussion questions that focus on highlights of the case, classroom activities designed to complement more traditional learning, and a list of suggested readings and websites. On a range of topical, hot-button cases-from organized school prayer and affirmative action, to the electoral college and the tension between Congress and the president over war-time powers-students have the opportunity to become directly involved in discussing, debating, and evaluating controversial issues. With this help of this classroom-proven text, you decide!
- Author BiographyEdward Drachman is professor of political science and international relations at the State University of New York at Geneseo. He has received awards as a teacher and student advisor and has authored several books and articles on political affairs. He resides in Geneseo, New York. Robert Langran is professor of political science at Villanova University and has been the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching and Faculty Service awards. He has authored three previous books and numerous articles. He resides in Villanova, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Edward R. Drachman,Robert Langran
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/07/2007
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight472 g
- Width179 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.