Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66
About this product
- DescriptionIdentity, in Guy Ware s confident debut short story collection, is a mercurial thing. Arriving at a ndescript suburban house, a middle-aged man is met by a new wife, a new past, and a memory he cant surrender. A chance liaison outside Covent Garden tube station leads to a cruel game of make-believe. A chicken farmer on a remote mountainside is alarmed to learn the president of a faraway superpower needs his approval. Lawyers paint conflicting pictures of an alleged terrorist; a city trader decides, without warning, to walk out of her life; flirting lovers take role-play to a new, existential, level. Whether living under a totalitarian regime or simply getting through the day in a grindingly predictable metropolis, Ware s characters struggle with the urge to redefine themselves, to start again, to reboot. Kwing that the course of an entire life can hinge on the smallest decision turning left or right they ultimately remind us of the courage, as well as the coping mechanisms, of facing up to responsibilities and simply staying put.
- Author Biography<b>Guy Ware</b> has been widely published in prize collections and anthologies and is a regular contributor to the Tales of the Decongested story readings at Foyles book shop in London.
- Author(s)Guy Ware
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication19/11/2009
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.