Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout her lifetime, author Rena Tieser was subjected to prejudice and bias as a woman, an Italian, and a Roman Catholic. In You Have to Be Carefully Taught, she shares her experiences and discusses how these trials helped her develop an abundance of inner strength. In this memoir, Tieser narrates her story against the backdrop of the discrimination she bore firsthand. Beginning with her birth in 1927 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; to her childhood and school years; to high school and college; and to marriage and family, You Have to Be Carefully Taught describes what it was like to be judged based on her gender, religion, and heritage. Tieser tells how her life revolved around significant incidents of prejudice and how she overcame the obstacles. It shows how this shaped her life, attitude, dreams, and goals. You Have to Be Carefully Taught communicates the downfalls of judging one ather and encourages a spirit of tolerance in all to be better people.
- Author(s)Rena Tieser
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.