All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, this best-selling ready reference for new and veteran teachers offers insights, tips, tactics, and strategies on 300 topics that teachers encounter in managing classrooms every day. With common sense, wit, and the depth of understanding that comes from decades of experience as a teacher, author, trainer, and workshop leader, Renee Rosenblum-Lowden shares her kwledge on positive classroom discipline and working with special learners, resistant learners, and struggling learners. School counselor and teacher Felicia Kimmel joins Rosenblum-Lowden for the new edition and brings additional expertise to the revised edition's emphasis on topics such as understanding child and adolescent development; understanding diversity and gender issues; helping students stay on task for classroom and homework assignments; making transitions from elementary to middle to high school and the workplace; and much more.
- Author BiographyRenee Rosenblum-Lowden has taught children and adolescents for more than 25 years in the New York City school system. Currently, she is sharing her love for teaching by presenting seminars and keynote speeches to new and veteran teachers throughout the country, as well as student teachers at various universities. She uses a sense of humor while arming them with great strategies for making classrooms safe and fun-while always being in control. She has devel-oped a curriculum called Prejudice Awareness, using consciousness-raising techniques and incorporating her training in conflict resolu-tion. She was selected by the NYC Board of Education to train teach-ers in this subject. Ms. Rosenblum-Lowden has conducted workshops for improving com-munication with children and adolescents, using non-confrontational strategies for parents and teachers. Having taught family living and sex education classes, she has unique insights into the needs of her stu-dents. Ms. Rosenblum-Lowden did her undergraduate work at Long Island University and studied at The New School for Social Research and New York University. She continues to be a social activist. She is a transplanted New Yorker who is now living in Colum-bia, Maryland, with her husband Michael and their dog, Susie B. Anthony. Felicia Lowden Kimmel grew up in Brooklyn, NY. She began her career in education as a high school ESOL and English teacher in San Francisco, before returning east to teach in the Washington DC area. She was selected to lead a Peer Mediation program at Annandale High School in Fairfax County, Virginia. Her program received a great deal of attention and national praise after the tragedy at Columbine. She was spotlighted as a panelist for NPR's All Things Considered , as well as a featured guest on WPGC's Stop the Violence . After several years in this capacity, she joined the high school's guidance department, while still continuing her involvement in conflict resolution. Felicia has also worked with school districts faculties on understanding prejudice. Currently, Felicia is working as a school counselor in Montgomery County, Maryland. She lives in Olney with her husband Troy, their two daughters, Isabella and Lexi and their dog, Maggie.
- Author(s)Felicia Kimmel,Renee Rosenblum-Lowden
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.