Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionRinggold Wilmer Lardner (1885-1933) was an American sports columnist and short story writer best kwn for his satirical takes on the sports world, marriage, and the theatre. In 1916 he published his first successful book, You Kw Me Al, which was written in the form of letters written by Jack Keefe, a bush league baseball player, to a friend back home. He went on to write such well-kwn stories as Haircut, Some Like Them Cold, The Golden Honeymoon, Alibi Ike, and A Day in the Life of Conrad Green. He also continued to write follow-up stories to You Kw Me Al, with the hero of that book, the headstrong but gullible Jack Keefe, experiencing various ups and downs in his major league career and in his personal life. Private Keefe's World War I letters home to his friend Al were collected in Treat 'Em Rough. Lardner also had a lifelong fascination with the theatre, though his only success was June Moon, a comedy cowritten with Broadway veteran George S. Kaufman.
- Author(s)Ringgold Wilmer Lardner
- PublisherDodo Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDodo Press
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.