All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou are the son of a senior servant living in England in the 1400s. Instead of following in your father's footsteps and becoming a servant, you'd much rather become a knight! During your training, you will discover the tools of the trade, such as your armour, weapons, and horse, and get a glimpse of what it's really like to be a knight. After reading this book there will be doubt in your mind that this is definitely armour you'd rather t wear! This title in the popular You Wouldn't Want to Be series features full-colour illustrations which combine humour and accurate technical detail. Featuring brand new extra content including a timeline, fun facts a list of 'top' characters and a map. You Wouldn't Want to Be* is a constantly-growing library of over 50 exciting titles which transport the reader to the grisliest times and places in history. The first-person narrative approach puts the reader in the shoes of some of the most unfortunate people ever to have lived - from pyramid builders to viking explorers, from medieval knights to the crew of the Titanic. This approach encourages readers to get emotionally involved with the story and characters, aiding their understanding of some of the most important periods in history. Each spread comes complete with a Handy Hint box, offering a clever tip on how to survive whatever ghastly situation you've found yourself in. A complete glossary and index featured in every title makes You Wouldn't Want to Be an ideal introduction to the conventions of n-fiction texts for young readers.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied history at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia. She has taught in adult education and in schools and universities, and is the author of numerous books for children on historical topics. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.40
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $40.42
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.53
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.87
- AU $9.99Trending at AU $11.71
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $17.57
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.