All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.26
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the end of the 15th century, and your local castle is looking for a jailer. Are you up to the job? Your charges will include all sorts of people, from hardened criminals to people with mental illnesses, and you wont be expected to treat them kindly. In this brand new extended edition in the popular You Wouldn't Want to Be series, you'll soon find out what it was really like to be in a medieval dungeon! Featuring full-colour illustrations which combine humour and accurate technical detail, this new revised title includes a castle timeline, a guide to spooky castles, and some real-life grisly stories! You Wouldn't Want to Be is a constantly-growing library of over 50 exciting titles which transport the reader to the grisliest times and places in history. The first-person narrative approach puts the reader in the shoes of some of the most unfortunate people ever to have lived - from pyramid builders to viking explorers, from medieval knights to the crew of the Titanic. This approach encourages readers to get emotionally involved with the story and characters, aiding their understanding of some of the most important periods in history. Each spread comes complete with a Handy Hint box, offering a clever tip on how to survive whatever ghastly situation you've found yourself in. A complete glossary and index featured in every title makes this series an ideal introduction to the conventions of n-fiction texts for young readers.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied history at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia. She has taught in adult education and in schools and universities, and is the author of numerous books for children on historical topics. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width212 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.