All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn You Are Here, celebrated astronaut Chris Hadfield gives us the really big picture: this is our home, as seen from space. The millions of us who followed Hadfield's news-making Twitter feed from the International Space Station thought we knew what we were looking at when we first saw his photos. But we may have caught the beauty and missed the full meaning. Now, through photographs - many of which have never been shared - Hadfield unveils a fresh and insightful look at our planet. He sees astonishing detail and importance in these images, t just because he's spent months in space but because his in-depth kwledge of geology, geography and meteorology allows him to reveal the photos' mysteries. Featuring Hadfield's favourite images, You Are Here is divided by continent and represents one (idealized) orbit of the ISS. Surprising, thought-provoking and visually delightful, it opens a singular window on our planet, using remarkable photographs to illuminate the history and consequences of human settlement, the magnificence of never-before-ticed landscapes, and the power of the natural forces shaping our world and the future of our species.
- Author BiographyChris Hadfield, one of the world's most seasoned and accomplished astronauts, is the author of the #1 international bestseller, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth. The top graduate of the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School in 1988 and U.S. Navy test pilot of the year in 1991, Hadfield was selected by the Canadian Space Agency to be an astronaut in 1992. He was CAPCOM for twenty-five Shuttle launches and served as Director of NASA Operations in Star City, Russia, from 2001-2003, Chief of Robotics at the Johnson Space Center in Houston from 2003-2006, and Chief of International Space Station Operations from 2006-2008. Hadfield served as Commander of the International Space Station where, while conducting a record-setting number of scientific experiments and overseeing an emergency spacewalk, he gained worldwide acclaim for his breathtaking photographs and educational videos about life in space. His music video, a zero-gravity version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, received over 10 million views in its first three days online. His TED talk, delivered in March 2014, drew close to 900,000 views in its first three weeks.
- Author(s)Chris Hadfield
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight707 g
- Width201 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.