All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWeakened by hunger, thirst and ill-treatment, author Charles McCormac, then a World War Two prisoner-of-war in Japanese-occupied Singapore, knew that if he did t escape he would die. With sixteen others he broke out of Pasir Panjang camp and began an epic two-thousand-mile escape from the island of Singapore, through the jungles of Indonesia to Australia. With compass and map, and only the goodwill of villagers and their own wits to rely on, the British and Australian POWs? escape took a staggering five months and only two out of the original seventeen men survived. You'll Die in Singapore is Charles McCormac's compelling true account of one of the most horrifying and amazing escapes in World War Two. It is a story of courage, endurance and compassion, and is a gripping read.
- Author(s)Charles McCormack
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Notefrontis, maps
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.