Young, Black and Male in America: An Endangered Species by Richard Dembo, Barbara Solomen, Ann F. Brunswick, Tom Larson, Michael E. Connor, Rodney Reed (Paperback, 1988)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Oct
- AU $68.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe problems of young black males are challenging, complex, and chronic, perplexing educators, social scientists, and policymakers. While other groups, including women and recent immigrants, have made ecomic and social gains in the last two decades, black youth are w more likely than they were in 1960 to be unemployed, to be involved in the criminal justice system, to be unwed fathers, and to commit suicide. Young black males are a population at risk in an escalating cycle of deviance, dysfunction, and despair. This comprehensive volume provides in-depth analyses of the deteriorating status of black youth, particularly black males. Experts from a variety of professions examine the implications and interrelationships of the multiple problems facing black youth and propose a comprehensive set of policies and programs that address those problems. They consider such important ecomic, sociocultural, and political issues as unemployment, teenage pregnancy, crime and delinquency substance abuse, and the conservative backlash against civil rights and social welfare programs.
- Author BiographyJEWELLE TAYLOR GIBBS is an Associate Professor at the School of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley, and a clinical psychologist specializing in adolescents and families.
- Author(s)Ann F. Brunswick,Barbara Solomen,Michael E. Connor,Richard Dembo,Rodney Reed,Tom Larson
- Date of Publication30/05/1988
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJ. T. Gibbs,Jewelle Taylor Gibbs
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.