All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Children, Pedagogy and the Arts is an invative text that describes practices and research that cross all five strands of the arts-visual, drama, music, dance, and media-and illuminates ways of understanding children and their arts practices that go beyond the common traditions. The book: - Offers practical and rich illustrations of teachers' and children's work based on international research that integrates theory with practice; - Brings a critical lens to arts education; - Includes summaries, reflective questions, and recommended further readings with every chapter. Young Children, Pedagogy and the Arts provides a more nuanced understanding of the arts through an exploration of specific instances in which committed teachers and researchers are discovering what contemporary multimodal tools offer to young children. Chapters contain examples of 'doing' the arts in the early years, new ways of teaching, and how to use emerging techlogies to develop multiliteracies, equity, agency, social and cultural capital, and enhance the learning and engagement of marginalized children.
- Author BiographyFelicity McArdle is Associate Professor at Queensland University of Technology, Australia. Gail Boldt is Associate Professor at The Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleChanging Images of Early Childhood
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFelicity McArdle,Gail Boldt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.