All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping and supporting literacy is an absolute priority for all early years settings and primary schools, and something of a national concern. By presenting extensive research evidence, Rachael Levy shows how some of our tried and tested approaches to teaching reading may be counter-productive, and are causing some young children to lose confidence in their abilities as readers. Through challenging accepted definitions and perspectives on reading, this book encourages the reader to reflect critically on the current reading curriculum, and to consider ways in which their own practice can be developed to match the changing literacy landscape of the 21st century. Placing the emphasis on the voices of the children themselves, the author looks at: - what it feels like to be a reader in the digital age - children's perceptions of reading - home and school reading - reading in multidimensional forms - the future teaching of reading Essential reading for all trainee and practising teachers, this critical examination of a vital topic will support all those who are interested in the way we can help future generations to become literate. This book will encourage researchers and practitioners alike to redefine their own views of literacy, and situate 'reading literacy' within the digital world in which young children w live.
- Author BiographyRachael Levy worked as a primary school teacher in both London and Cambridge before undertaking her doctoral studies at the University of Cambridge. She is Lecturer in Early Years Education, at the University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)Rachael Levy
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight440 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.