Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- Description'This is a book to be treasured. This deeply respected pioneer brings together major research literature, theoretical understanding and practical help. She does so in a way that demonstrates her love and commitment in working with young children and helping them to have rich lives intellectually and with personal fulfillment' -Professor Tina Bruce CBE 'What comes through is weighty warmth. The weight of research and experience coupled with the warmth of the fascination of children's development over Marion's professional and personal lifetime' -Professor Mick Waters, Wolverhampton University 'This highly kwledgeable yet accessible book will be hugely valuable for all those who care deeply about young children's learning and development' -Liz Roberts, Editor, Nursery World 'A tour de force which has the potential to change practice and thinking about early childhood' -Helen Moylett, Early Learning and Consultancy, President of Early Education Clearly linking theory and practice, this highly accessible book will be valuable to practitioners, teachers and students. The author explores the development of children's thinking from 0-7 years, and how this affects home, Early Years settings and schools. The book includes: - case studies - professional checkpoints to help reflection - practical suggestions - guidance on involving parents - suggested reading - questions for discussion. It will be a great asset for students on Early Years Foundation Degrees, Initial Teacher Education and Early Childhood Studies courses. The reader can access additional web resources here Marion Dowling works as a trainer and consultant in the UK and overseas, and is Vice President of Early Education, a national charity.
- Author BiographyMarion Dowling was involved in the pre-school playgroup movement, taught in London and was headteacher of a state nursery school. She was an educational adviser in two local authorities, a member of Her Majesty's Inspectorate, and has been involved in a number of government working parties on early years. She now works as a trainer and consultant in the UK and overseas. Marion is an experienced author and is vice president of Early Education, a national charity.
- Author(s)Marion Dowling
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.