Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
About this product
- DescriptionFour English boys ages 12 to about 18 emigrate to Western Canada in the 1890s, to roughing it on the farms of hardened settlers, enduring hardship and deprivation in the New World, but eventually making it, breaking in wild horses, joining the famous Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and returning to England to bring over their sweethearts in marriage. The book provides an entertaining insight into the country and the daily lives of new Canadians 120 years ago.
- Author BiographyC.L. Jonstone is an English author (presumably about 18040-1920) who is one of the witty older characters in the book, emigrated to Canada to settle on a homestead in what is today Southern Saskatchewan, and returning to England to marry and live out his life in the comfort of the City of London.
- Author(s)C L Johnstone
- Date of Publication24/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byMichael Schemmann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.