All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $57.98Free postage
- AU $60.01Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its Third Edition, Young Investigators provides an introduction to the project approach with step-by-step guidance for conducting meaningful investigations with young children. The authors have expanded their bestseller to include two new chapters-How Projects Can Connect Children with Nature and Project Investigations as STEM-and to provide more help to teachers of the youngest children (toddlers) and older children (2nd grade). The new edition also shows teachers how to use standards in the topic selection process and identifies activities and experiences that will help children grasp key concepts and skills. Throughout the text, readers listen to teachers' concerns, witness how they find solutions to challenges, and experience how excited children become during project work. This book is appropriate for those new to using the Project Approach, as well as for teachers who already have experience with implementing the Project Approach. Book Features: * Examples of projects from child care centers and preschool, K-2, and special education classrooms. * Instructions for incorporating standards and STEM skills into project work.* A variety of experiences to help children connect to the natural world.* Toddler projects that reflect kwledge from recent mind/brain research.* Tools for integrating required curriculum goals and for assessing achievement.* A Teacher Project Planning Journal that leads teachers through the major decision points of project work.* Full-color photographs of children engaged with projects.* A study guide for pre- and inservice teachers, available at www.tcpress.com.
- Author BiographyJudy Harris Helm heads her own educational consulting and training company, Best Practices, Inc., in Brimfield, Illinois, USA. Lilian G. Katz is past president of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and professor emerita at the University of Illinois, USA.
- Author(s)Judy Harris Helm,Lilian G. Katz
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEarly Childhood Education Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.