All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionAs the great American boom ends, four men switch on their bunny-hunting engines and embark on a wild tour of Manhattan's nightlife. Dot-com may have fallen, but money is still washing around New York. Jim Troxler arrives in the city to meet his younger brother, Martin, a hip dot-commentator. Little does he kw that Martin has planned a night out. Joining the brothers will be Big Guy, a weirdly magnetic e-content salesman, and C.C. Baxter, founder of a formerly huge online advertising agency. On the trawl from one bar to ather, Jim watches Martin and his pals boozing, ingesting drugs, dancing badly, and jostling for hipness. Soon the men have picked up fewer than five women -- two marketing chicks who speedload their cigarettes, two husband hunters, and the young, naive, and fabulous Zebra Hat Girl. Then, palming cash and talking trash, the group ends up on an ermous party boat circling Manhattan. The boat is filled with hundreds of young, sexed-up New Yorkers -- all ecstatically unaware that in four days the World Trade Center will be destroyed and their never-ending party will be over. But before then -- by the next morning -- Jim Troxler will be changed forever. Howard Hunt's Young Men on Fire is a brilliant portrait of the desires and deceptions that fueled the great American boom. At once laugh-out-loud funny and shrewdly perceptive, it introduces an exciting new voice in contemporary writing.
- Author BiographyHoward Hunt has edited magazines in Melbourne, Sydney, and New York. This is his second novel.
- Author(s)Howard Hunt
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFireside Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight282 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.