Young People Leaving Care: Supporting Pathways to Adulthood by Mike Stein (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lyndamarg_lmwares
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe journey to adulthood is a big step for all young people. However, for young people leaving care it may be far more difficult, coping with major changes in their lives and at a younger age, especially if they lack preparation and support. Young People Leaving Care explores the journey from care to adulthood through the main challenges these young people face: in being in settled accommodation, in fulfilling their potential in education, employment or training, and in achieving and maintaining good health and a positive sense of wellbeing. For each of these pathways, the book provides a comprehensive review of relevant research, how young people might be best supported, and how the services they receive have the potential to increase resilience and boost their chances of enjoying a fulfilled life as a young adult. This is an essential book for all those who work with young people from care, including social workers, personal advisers, counsellors, teachers, policy makers, researchers and students in the field of child welfare.
- Author BiographyMike Stein is a Research Professor in the Social Policy Research Unit at York University, UK. He is also a qualified social worker and has worked as a probation officer, a senior child care officer and an area manager in a social services department. He has spent the last thirty years researching the problems and challenges faced by young people leaving care. He is also a co-ordinator of the Transitions from Care to Adulthood International Research Group (INTRAC).
- Author(s)Mike Stein
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight299 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.