All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe relationship between education and youth crime has long been recognised in terms of social policy and public opinion, the full extent of this and its implications has been largely neglected and unexplored: educationalists on the one hand and crimilogists on the other have largely failed to engage meaningfully with one ather on the issue, and there has often been a large gap between youth justice and educational provision. This book seeks to remedy this deficiency, providing a critical survey of the research evidence, policy development and practical issues relating to education and offending by young people. It has the following objectives: to examine the evolution of social policy and institutions in relation to the relationship between education and offending by young people; establish the scale and nature of the problem and the characteristics of the young people involved; identify any evidence based approaches that could be adopted across education and youth justice; review the effectiveness of New Labour's education and youth justice reforms; propose a series of measures for social policy makers and practitioners in education and youth justice. Young People and Offending will be essential reading for youth justice practitioners as well as students taking courses on youth crime and youth justice, or on youth justice or probation training courses.
- Author BiographyMartin Stephenson is currently Executive Director of Unitas. He was a founder member of the Youth Justice Board from 1998 to 2002, and also Director of Social Inclusion Strategy at Nottingham Trent University. Rod Morgan is Professor of Criminal Justice within the School of Law at Bristol University.
- Author(s)Martin Stephenson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCullompton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillan Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.