All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf life with your teen has become a battleground, it's time to take action. This empathic book shows how. Trusted psychologists who have worked with thousands of families give you the tools you need to overcome defiance and get teen behavior back on track. By following the authors' clinically proven 10-step program, learn how you can: *Reestablish your authority while building trust. *Identify and enforce nnegotiable rules. *Use rewards and incentives that work. *Communicate and problem-solve effectively--even in the heat of the moment. *Restore positive feelings in your relationship. *Develop your teen's skills for becoming a successful adult. Vivid stories and answers to frequently asked questions help you put the techniques into action. The updated second edition incorporates new scientific research on why some teens have more problems with self-control than others. Practical forms and worksheets can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size. Mental health professionals, see also the authors' Defiant Teens, Second Edition: A Clinician's Manual for Assessment and Family Intervention. For a focus on younger children, see also Dr. Barkley's Defiant Children, Third Edition (for professionals), and Your Defiant Child, Second Edition (for parents).
- Author BiographyRussell A. Barkley, PhD, ABPP, ABCN, is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Virginia Treatment Center for Children and Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine. Dr. Barkley has worked with children, adolescents, and families since the 1970s and is the author of numerous bestselling books for both professionals and the public, including Taking Charge of ADHD and Your Defiant Child. He has also published five assessment scales and more than 275 scientific articles and book chapters on ADHD, executive functioning, and childhood defiance, and is editor of the newsletter The ADHD Report. A frequent conference presenter and speaker who is widely cited in the national media, Dr. Barkley is past president of the Section on Clinical Child Psychology (the former Division 12) of the American Psychological Association (APA), and of the International Society for Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology. He is a recipient of awards from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the APA, among other honors. His website is www.russellbarkley.org. Arthur L. Robin, PhD, is Director of Psychology Training at Children's Hospital of Michigan and Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at Wayne State University. Dr. Robin is a practicing psychologist with more than 40 years of clinical experience. Christine M. Benton is a Chicago-based writer and editor.
- Author(s)Arthur L. Robin,Russell A. Barkley
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight598 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.