All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionYour Dieting Daughter is written for mothers who have daughters suffering from an eating disorder or disorders. It also serves as a reference for doctors, therapists, nutritionists, and eating disorder centers, and is an appropriate book for the same audience to recommend to clients. In the first edition, Dr. Costin, a well-respected therapist in the field, gave sound and practical advice for mothers to help them communicate with and understand their daughters as they go through the ordeal of eating disorders. There were letters, anecdotes, and diet plans along with recipes included, and readers enjoyed the unique focus of the mother/daughter relationship that the book stayed true to. This second edition contains addition information on cultural issues, newer studies (such as DBT, Mindfulness, and Maudsley techniques), and medication. On the clinical front, the focus has also been broadened to include more information on issues of body image, weight concerns, and dieting in the general population, making this an indispensible guide for kwledge, as well as emotional reconnection and healing.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Costin, MFT, Med, FAED, CEDS, is the founder and executive director of Monte Nido Treatment Center and its affiliates. She is a highly respected and experienced clinician renowned for her expertise in helping people develop a healthy relationship with food, their bodies, and their weight.
- Author(s)Carolyn Costin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.