All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Amazon's Best Books of 2016 So Far Music critic Steven Hyden explores nineteen music rivalries and what they say about life Beatles vs. Stones. Biggie vs. Tupac. Kanye vs. Taylor. Who do you choose? And what does that say about you? Actually--what do these endlessly argued-about pop music rivalries say about us ? Music opinions bring out passionate debate in people, and Steven Hyden kws that firsthand. Each chapter in YOUR FAVORITE BAND IS KILLING ME focuses on a pop music rivalry, from the classic to the very recent, and draws connections to the larger forces surrounding the pairing. Through Hendrix vs. Clapton, Hyden explores burning out and fading away, while his take on Miley vs. Sinead gives readers a glimpse into the perennial battle between old and young. Funny and accessible, Hyden's writing combines cultural criticism, personal anecdotes, and music history--and just may prompt you to give your least favorite band ather chance.
- Author BiographySteven Hyden has written for Grantland, The A.V. Club, Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Slate, and Salon. He lives in Minnesota.
- Author(s)Steven Hyden
- PublisherBack Bay Books
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.16
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.21
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $46.07
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.48
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $35.63Trending at AU $50.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.