CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionLooking for a job in the 911 or public safety dispatch field? This little book is for you! It describes the likely processes you will encounter and how to avoid some of the pitfalls in selection processes. This primer also talks about the pieces of public safety telecommunications: Computer software, hardware, working conditions and special considerations you will want to kw about up front.
- Author BiographyBarry is an 18 year veteran of working at the console of a primary public safety 911 call center. He has taught numerous telecommunicators throughout his career on virtually every aspect of working in the 911 business, from police, fire and EMS dispatch to operating new CAD systems. He and others helped design a new stand-alone 911 center in Eugene, OR and contributed many hours to Union work representing dispatchers and call takers. Barry's primary focus throughout his time as a 911 dispatcher and calltaker was to work on reducing employee attrition in this specialized field. Through legislative, union and group efforts, Barry has learned several things about why people are attracted to this work and why they leave long before they retire. His earliest article on this matter appeared in the APCO International magazine in the mid nineties. Barry now works for a County Sheriff performing civil duties that include gun permits and processing court documents.
- Author(s)Barry Howarth
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.