All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn the third edition of this bestselling book, you'll find everything you need to embark upon your research project and write your proposal with confidence. Written with the needs of undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as practitioners in mind, Your Research Project will guide you through the process of formulating a research question, choosing your research methods, planning your research, and writing your proposal. Fully updated and revised, the new edition features: o A comprehensive introduction to the purpose and nature of research o Expanded coverage of writing a research plan or proposal o An overview of qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection and analysis, as well as more on mixed methods research designs o New sections on digital media and online research methods o Exercises and examples to provide students from across the social sciences with the practical tools needed to succeed in their project. Nicholas Walliman is Senior Lecturer in the School of the Built Environment at Oxford Brookes University.
- Author BiographyNicholas Walliman is a qualified architect and Senior Lecturer in the School of the Built Environment at Oxford Brookes University and a researcher associate in the Oxford Institute for Sustainable Development. After many years of practice in architecture in the UK and abroad, he returned to academic life to do his PhD. This experience raised his interest in research theory and methods, and he was subsequently asked by the university to write a distance learning course to guide postgraduate students embarking on research degrees. This course provided the raw material and incentive for writing this book. He has subsequently published several other books on research theory and methods for students and practitioners at various levels of expertise. He is currently conducting research with a team of architects and environmental scientists as part of the Oxford Brookes Institute for Sustainable Development. They are engaged in nationally and internationally funded projects on a range of aspects of building technology, such as energy saving building envelope design, mitigation of the effects of floods on buildings and advanced construction methods. He has published numerous research papers on aspects of architectural technology. He is also supervising several PhD and Masters students. Despite this emphasis on science and technology, his work with research students covers many other aspects of architecture and its relationship to society, such as vernacular architecture, the effects of westernisation, architectural education, conservation, administration and sustainable design.
- Author(s)Nicholas Walliman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Study Skills Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.