Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.97+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Your Seven-Year-Old </i>is devoted to the delightful but often anxious and withdrawn child of Seven. Although any seven-year-old will have moments of exuberance, security, and happiness, in general this is an age of introspection. As it begins, parents and teachers may welcome the quiet after the tussles and tangles of Six. But once the child of Seven starts to withdraw it's almost as though he doesn't kw where or when to stop. Seven-year-olds feel picked on by family, friends, and teachers alike; they worry that one likes them; they expect every little task to prove too difficult to handle; tears come easily at this age. With wit and wisdom, Dr. Ames of the highly respected Gesell Institute and Carol Chase Haber offer insights into what children this age are feeling and thinking, and how parents can best deal with these moody, serious Sevens. <b>Included in this book: </b> - New body awareness - Sulking - Concerns about fairness - Stories from real life - Fascination with horror, gore - Threats of running away from home - Life in the second grade - Books for Sevens and the parents of Sevens <b></b><b> Louise Bates Ames and her colleagues synthesize a lifetime of observation of children, consultation, and discussion with parents. These books will help parents to better understand their children and will guide them through the fascinating and sometimes trying experiences of modern parenthood. --Donald J. Cohen, M.D., Director, Yale Child Study Center, Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics, and Psychology, Yale School of Medicine</b>
- Author Biography<b>Louise Bates Ames </b>is a lecturer at the Yale Child Study Center and assistant professor emeritus at Yale University. She is co-founder of the Gesell Institute of Child Development and collaborator or co-author of three dozen or so books, including <i>The First Five Years of Life, Infant and Child in the Culture of Today, Child Rorschach Responses, </i>and the series <i>Your One-Year-Old</i> through <i>Your Ten- to Fourteen-Year-Old</i>. She has one child, three grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. <b>Carol Chase Haber </b>is a school psychologist in the Hamilton County, Ohio, school system and is a trained and qualified Gesell Examiner. She is the co-author of several books, including <i>He Hit Me First, Your Seven-Year-Old, Your Eight-Year-Old, </i>and <i>Your Nine-Year-Old</i>.
- Author(s)L Ames
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/1998
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.