Your Teenager: Thinking About Your Child During the Secondary School Years by Martha Harris (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe three books collected here in one volume were first published in 1969 as part of a complete year-by-year series on child development written by therapists from the Tavistock Clinic. The purpose of the series was to describe for parents the normal features and problems encountered in bringing up children from birth onwards. Martha Harris was unusually well qualified to write the books on the secondary school years, owing to her experience and training as teacher, teacher-trainer, psychoanalyst, and her position as head of the training of child psychotherapists in the Child and Family unit at the Tavistock for many years. She also co-operated with her husband Roland Harris head of an inner-city comprehensive school in pioneering a schools counselling service; and in addition to her direct professional experience she had teenage children at the time of writing these books. The books offer practical guidance in all the compartments of school and family life friends, brothers and sisters, studies, leisure interests, together with the problem areas of harmful or anti-social behavior. These are set in the context of the mental and physical development of children in these growth-spurt years. In particular, parents are helped to consider imaginatively the impact of the teenager s life at school, where most of their time is spent, yet which can frequently be a closed book to parents once their child has moved on from primary education.
- Author BiographyMartha Harris (1919-1987) read English at University College London and then Psychology at Oxford. She taught in a Froebel Teacher Training College and was trained as a Psychologist at Guys Hospital, as a Child Psychotherapist at the Tavistock Clinic, where she was for many years responsible for the child psychotherapy training in the department of Children and Families, and as a Psychoanalyst at the British Institute of Psychoanalysis. Together with her first husband Roland Harris (a teacher) she started a pioneering schools counselling service. With her second husband Donald Meltzer she wrote a psychoanalytical model of 'The Child in the Family in the Community' for multidisciplinary use in schools and therapeutic units. Meg Harris Williams, a writer and artist, studied English at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford and art at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence, and has had a lifelong psychoanalytic education. She has written and lectured extensively in the UK and abroad on psychoanalysis and literature, and teaches at the Tavistock Centre in London, and the University of Surrey. She is married with four children and lives in Farnham, Surrey.
- Author(s)Martha Harris
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleThe Harris Meltzer Trust Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMeg Harris Williams
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.