All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYour Time Is Done Now tells the story of the Maroons (runaways slaves) of Dominica and their allies through the transcripts of trials held in 1813 and 1814 during the Second Maroon War. Using the evidence to explain how the Maroons waged war against slave society, the book reveals for the first time fascinating details about how Maroons survived in the forests and also about their relationship with the enslaved on the plantations. It also examines the key role of the British goverr who succeeded in suppressing the Maroons and how the Colonial Office in London reacted to his punitive conduct. Read the evidence and hear the voices of the oppressed in resistance and defeat.
- Author BiographyEditor Polly Pattullo is a former journalist and now publisher of Papillote Press, which specialises in books about Dominica and the Caribbean region. She is the author of Last Resorts: The Cost of Tourism in the Caribbean and Fire from the Mountain: the Tragedy of Montserrat and the Betrayal of its People. She lives in Dominica and London. The introduction is written by Bernard Wiltshire, a Dominican lawyer.
- PublisherPapillote Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPapillote Press
- Content Notephotographs and paintings
- Edited byPolly Pattullo
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.