Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Gerasa, kwn today as Jerash in Jordan, is one of the great archaeological parks and tourist destinations in the world. However, until w its importance as a historical bridge spanning the Classical and early Christian periods has t been fully discussed. Your Voice Echoes Through is the first book published on Gerasa that explores how the rise of Christianity and its pursuit of the City of God shaped this fascinating architectural landscape and helped bring an end to its Classical nature. Your Voice Echoes Through studies this momentous cultural transition from an architectural, archaeological and religious perspective in the waning years of the Roman Empire. The physical and philosophical aspects of Paganism, Judaism and Christianity are discussed in relation to their use of sacred space, and their texts in relation with their artifacts. Thus this is a multi-disciplinary study of an ancient town, the sacred spaces of three religions and the end of an epoch.
- Author BiographyCharlie March earned his MA, Biblical Studies at Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California and Ph.D. Classics, Archaeology at Royal Holloway, University of London, United Kingdom. He is currently writing, researching and publishing on the San Francisco Peninsula.
- Author(s)Charlie March
- PublisherMarch Winds Publishers, Incorporated
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarch Winds Publishers, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.