All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionYour Voice Is Your Business: The Science and Art of Communication, Second Edition combines the latest in voice research and techlogy with the most powerful, state-of-the-art presentation skills and methods. The result is an integrated and comprehensive approach to connecting the technically based aspects of voice production with an applied, skill-based grasp of interpersonal effectiveness. This text serves as both a practical handbook and a resource on human vocal production in real-world settings. Relevant techniques of positioning, gesture, and paraverbals are incorporated in the study of successful voice presentation. Additionally, technical information is integrated into the text and reviewed at the end of each chapter.This second edition responds to the readers' desire for an expansion of the topics, illustrations, and techniques found particularly effective in the first edition, and provides new information reported in recent speech-language pathology literature in two brand-new chapters with vivid, powerful, and direct explanations and exercises.Your Voice Is Your Business The Science and Art of Communication, Second Edition has been designed for ease of use for the student of voice science or anyone eager to use their communication abilities to their best advantage at work, on stage, or in everyday life. This text includes termilogy and references suitable to the serious student of the voice, as well as detailed, realistic scenarios to further any professional's kwledge on the art of human communication, and will be a staple in multiple fields including speech-language pathology, communications, theater and drama, and business.
- Author BiographyOrlando R. Barone Orlando R. Barone has designed, developed, and delivered internationally acclaimed training in self-presentation and interpersonal effectiveness for more than 30 years. He is an executive leadership coach and instructor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a negotiation consultant at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. His clients include organizations as diverse as global pharmaceutical firms, world-class computer companies, and the United States Navy. Mr. Barone is an author, playwright, and poet. He has written extensively on interpersonal effectiveness and is a frequent contributor to the Philadelphia Inquirer . He has tutored top executives in the effective use of voice and gesture through the Intensive Coaching Method and the video-assisted programs he originated..===============================================Cari M. Tellis, PhD, is a certified speech-language pathologist and an associate professor in the Speech-Language Pathology Department at Misericordia University in Dallas, Pennsylvania. Her areas of specialization include the treatment of voice disorders, laryngeal anatomy, physiology and biochemistry, voice and speech science, and counseling. She completed her training as a voice specialist at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Voice Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She has professional certification as a master teacher and course instructor in the Estill Voice TrainingTM System. Dr. Tellis has authored and coauthored numerous presentations in the fields of voice science and fluency at international, national, and state conferences, and she has published her research in the Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology , Journal of Voice , and Perspectives on Voice and Voice Disorders . Dr. Tellis has worked with both professional and aspiring speakers and singers for more than 15 years and currently serves as a voice consultant for several professional voice groups. She also recently founded the Performing Arts Training Academy, a program in which school-age and adolescent performers receive training in all aspects of the performing arts, including the mechanics, care, and health of the voice.
- Author(s)Cari M. Tellis,Orlando R. Barone
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.