You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir by Felicia Day (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.38+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe instant <i>New York Times </i>bestseller from queen of the geeks Felicia Day, <i>You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)</i> is a relentlessly funny and surprisingly inspirational (Forbes.com) memoir about her unusual upbringing, her rise to internet stardom, and embracing her weirdness to find her place in the world. When Felicia Day was a girl, all she wanted was to connect with other kids (desperately). Growing up in the Deep South, where she was home-schooled for hippie reasons, she looked online to find her tribe. The Internet was in its infancy and she became an early adopter at every stage of its growth--finding joy and unlikely friendships in the emerging digital world. Her relative isolation meant that she could pursue passions like gaming, calculus, and 1930's detective vels without shame. Because she had idea how uncool she really was. But if it hadn't been for her strange background--the awkwardness continued when she started college at sixteen, with Mom driving her to campus every day--she might never have had the naive confidence to forge her own path. Like when she graduated as valedictorian with a math degree and then headed to Hollywood to pursue a career in acting despite having zero contacts. Or when she tired of being typecast as the crazy cat-lady secretary and decided to create her own web series before people in show business understood that online video could be more than just cats chasing laser pointers. Felicia's rags-to-riches rise to Internet fame launched her career as one of the most influen-tial creators in new media. Ever candid, she opens up about the rough patches along the way, recounting battles with writer's block, a full-blown gaming addiction, severe anxiety, and depression--and how she reinvented herself when overachieving became overwhelming. Showcasing Felicia's engaging and often hilarious voice (<i>USA TODAY</i>), <i>You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) </i>is proof that everyone should celebrate what makes them different and be brave eugh to share it with the world, because anything is possible w--even for a digital misfit.
- Author(s)Felicia Day
- PublisherTouchstone Books
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTouchstone Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byJoss Whedon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.