All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionName any one of the most highly regarded films of the last four decades and chances are that it's got producer Mike Medavoy's prints somewhere on it: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; Amadeus; The Silence of the Lambs; Apocalypse Now; Philadelphia; Rocky, the list is endless. Born in Shanghai and raised in Chile, Medavoy has taken the hard road to the highest echelons of Hollywood power, rising from the mailroom, never losing sight of his convictions, and staying true to the art of making movies. YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR NEXT ONE explores in detail what Medavoy calls 'a terrifying business for the faint of heart.' He traces how the making and marketing of movies has changed w that the Hollywood studios have become divisions of large corporations. Recalling his many successes (and claiming just as many failures), Medavoy takes the reader into the eye of Hollywood's biggest storms: the madness on the set of Apocalypse Now; the political fallout of Mississippi Burning and The People vs. Larry Flynt; and the Woody Allen scandal that rocked Husbands and Wives, plus close encounters with colleagues like Robert Redford, Kevin Costner, Dustin Hoffman, and Steven Spielberg. It's a look at the last forty years in a business that is everybody's second business.
- Author BiographyMike Medavoy started his career in the mailroom of Universal Studios. He became a talent agent at age twenty-four, Joined United Artists, went on to co-found Orion Pictures, and then became chairman of Sony's TriStar Pictures. In 1994, he formed Phoenix Pictures.
- Author(s)Mike Medavoy
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Content Note2-8p b-w inserts (25 photos)
- Weight547 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.