All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive, ambitious book is unprecedented in its search for psychosocial solutions to the problem of youth physical inactivity throughout the industrialised world. Leading experts reconsider fundamental questions and present numerous theories and approaches to dealing with youth inactivity, crossing a number of disciplines and covering everything from individual and group concerns to community and national policy making.Each chapter consists of both up-to-date research and practical suggestions for implementing solutions, which make this book a must for social scientists, consultants and officials who attempt to improve the health of youth. The book takes a contemporary approach by considering activity and inactivity as potentially two different behaviours with different determinants rather than placing them on a single continuum. This book will be useful as a reference for health and exercise science and social science researchers and students.
- Author BiographyStuart Biddle is recognised as a leader in the field of psychology of physical activity and health for young people, having worked in this area for nearly 30 years. Through his work, Biddle has been invited to give keynote and other lectures in over 20 countries. Alan Smith has been recognised internationally for his research in developmental sport and exercise psychology. Alan Smith is Associate Professor of Sport and Exercise Psychology in the Department of Health and Kinesiology at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
- Author(s)Prof. Alan Smith,Stuart Biddle
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white halftones
- Weight1225 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.