All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly twenty-five years, the field of youth studies has employed the same conceptual tools to explain the conduct of young people, tools that inexorably lead to the same recurrent conclusions - youth equals resistance, youth equals alienation, youth equals problem. Youth, Sex, and Government offers a way out of this theoretical Groundhog Day. Starting with the familiar tion of youth subcultures, but also addressing topics such as young women's magazines, at-risk youth, arexia nervosa, and HIV/AIDS programs, this book examines the way in which youth is produced as both a governmental object and a set of practices of the self. Employing the ideas of Foucault, Rose, and Mauss, this new approach attempts to reinvigorate what is an important - yet slumbering - area of research.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Gordon Tait is Lecturer in the School of Cultural and Language Studies in Education at Queensland University of Technology. He has published widely in the fields of youth, education, and gender.
- Author(s)Gordon Tait
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- Series TitleEruptions: New Feminism Across the Disciplines
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.