Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWoodman and Wyn have produced a text that offers conceptual clarity and real depth on debates in youth studies. The authors skilfully guide us through the main sociological theories on young people and furnish us with sophisticated critiques from which to rethink youth and generation in the contemporary moment. - Professor Aop Nayak, Newcastle University The promise of youth studies is t in simply showing that class, gender and race continue to influence life chances, but to show how they shape young lives today. Dan Woodman and Johanna Wyn argue that understanding new forms of inequality in a context of increasing social change is a central challenge for youth researchers. Youth and Generation sets an agenda for youth studies building on the concepts of 'social generation' and 'individualisation' to suggest a framework for thinking about change and inequality in young lives in the emerging Asian Century.
- Author BiographyDr Dan Woodman is TR Ashworth Senior Lecturer and Head of Discipline for Sociology in the School of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Melbourne. Professor Johanna Wyn is Director of the Youth Research Centre, University of Melbourne.
- Author(s)Dan Woodman,Johanna Wyn
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight503 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.