Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA new collection that addresses the problematic pathologization of queer youth, this book argues that the majority of educators and youth workers still kw little about queer youth's negotiations of identity and community. The contributors examine the dangerous effects of heterormalizing practices, and look at how young people negotiate labels and stereotypes in and out of school settings. What makes this project unique is that the contributors go beyond the discussions of homophobia young people experience on an everyday basis - the look at how youth subvert these experiences into those of pleasure, power, and confidence. In addition, the contributors look at how youth organize communities and negotiate positive identities in different settings.
- Author BiographyMARY LOUISE RASMUSSEN is Lecturer in the School of Social and Cultural Studies in Education at Deakin University, Victoria, Australia. ERIC ROFES is Assistant Professor of Education at Humboldt State University, California, USA. SUSAN TALBURT is Associate Professor of Social Foundations in the Department of Educational Policy Studies, Georgia State University, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication20/12/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight480 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEric E. Rofes,Mary Louise Rasmussen,Susan Talburt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.