All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a busy street market, kids eating ice cream exclaim, Yum! in English, Geshmak! in Yiddish, and Nam-nam! in Danish. But disaster strikes when a little dog overturns a spice cart, showering pepper on everyone's ice cream. Will the kids end up crying, Hai hai, or cheering, Yupi! ? Energetic art and a lift-the-flap feature make exploring languages fun.
- Author BiographyLinda Sue Park has written several books for children and young adults, as well as poems and short fiction for adults in several journals and on-line publications. Her children's books include THE KITE FIGHTERS and A SINGLE SHARD, which was awarded the Newbery Medal. Linda lives in upstate New York. Julia Durango is the author of the bilingual picture book PETER CLAVER: PATRON SAINTS OF SLAVES (Simon & Schuster), as well as UNDER THE MAMBO MOON. She lives with her family in Ottawa, Illinois.
- Author(s)Julia Durango,Linda Sue Park
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteFull colour iIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $24.53Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $34.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.