All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>Yokai Attack!</i> is a nightmare-inducing one-stop guide to Japan's traditional ghosts and spirits.</b> Surviving encounters with angry ghosts and sexy spectres. Haunted places. Dangerous games and how to play them. And more importantly, a guided tour of what awaits in the world of the dead. Yurei is the Japanese word for ghost. It's as simple as that. They are the souls of dead people, unable--or unwilling--to shuffle off this mortal coil. Yurei are many things, but friendly isn't the first word that comes to mind. Not every yurei is dangerous, but they are all driven by emotions so uncontrollably powerful that they have taken on a life of their own: rage, sadness, devotion, a desire for revenge, or even the firm belief that they are still alive. This book, the third in the authors' bestselling <i>Attack!</i> series, after <i>Yokai Attack!</i> and <i>Ninja Attack!</i> gives detailed information on 39 of the creepiest yurei stalking Japan, along with detailed histories and defensive tactics should you have the misfortune to encounter one. <b>Japanese ghosts include: </b><ul><li>Oiwa, The Horror of Yotsuya</li><li>Otsuyu, The Tale of the Peony Lantern</li><li>The Lady Rokujo, The Tale of Genji</li><li>Isora, Tales of Moonlight and Rain</li><li>Orui, The Depths of Kasane</li></ul>Together with <i>Yokai Attack!</i> and <i>Ninja Attack!, Yurei Attack!</i> is the last guidebook to Japan you'll ever need.
- Author Biography<b>Hiroko Yoda</b> and <b>Matt Alt</b> are a couple who run a Tokyo-based translation company that specializes in producing the English versions of Japanese video games, comic books and literature. They are the co-authors of <i>Yokai Attack!</i> and <i>Ninja Attack!</i>, both originally published by Kodansha International and with new expanded editions from Tuttle Publishing.
- Author(s)Hiroka Yoda
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2012
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width171 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.