All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $83.79
- AU $57.77Trending at AU $58.62
- AU $48.42Trending at AU $51.44
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $24.88
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.79
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe season of good will has come at the right time and we all love a good Christmas story! Excerpt: Through the smudged, tinsel-framed pane of glass in the library door, a barricade of chairs and upturned furniture had appeared. It was a monumental construction and had drained all the architect's energy. His cheeks were flaming red. Blood had rushed to his head and he wasn't thinking clearly. The only thing w which would satisfy his craving for a fight would be the appearance of Wayne Ruddock and his gang and he was determined that this time he would blast them into the heavens, good will to all men, or t! If Barney had been with him, then things might be different. Zachary James Brown's behaviour dramatically changed and he became a terror at school. He started calling everyone 'schewpid doughnuts'. He decided to barricade himself in the school library and attacked Father Christmas, pulling off his beard! The teachers were at their wits end. However, in the lead up to the Christmas festivities Mr. Connaught, the deputy headteacher, proves that in the middle of all the chaos that Zachary created, he might be the key to his happiness. This wonderful, heartwarming Christmas story about a little boy who is pining for his pet dog Barney, is suitable for children age nine years and upwards. It is aimed at boys and girls all over the world who have ever lost a parent or missed a friend and who have found it difficult to cope. However, within these pages the author has planted the seeds of hope.
- Author BiographyThis is Ursula Rubery's debut novel for Primary or Elementary school children who are ready for some challenging vocabulary and ideas. 'Zachary's Bully' is the follow up to 'Zachary's Christmas'. The author has also written engaging and imaginative work in 'Spy in the Sky', 'The Witch Romancer' and 'The Boy Who Rode the Light Wave' for younger readers. There are also two adult novels in the Bernie Bisto Mystery Series entitled 'The Garlic Murders' and 'Saving Hermione'. She has written for a French Property Magazine and has written articles online and in print for the national press. As a former headteacher, Ursula has found 'Zachary's Christmas' a joy to write and hopes her readers are just as enthusiastic.
- Author(s)Ursula Rubery
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date23/03/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.